Monday 12 January 2009

The NXE

Perhaps it's just me, but has anyone else noticed that since the NXE update, things seem to be a little slow.... I realise that there is a bit more stuff being shoved down the broadband pipe but I do find myself getting bored waiting for things to load, particularly the "get demo" links on game marketplace. I just want to see an ad in the main dash, click and get it, not wait for 'featured downloads' to load, or the background. No big deal really but the new system seems to be slower than the old one, perhaps this will get fixed in time. This little gripe extends itself to the friends list and generally to other sections too (guide button).

Don't get me wrong, i prefer the NXE to the old system, but I wish it was faster. My internet is blazing along at a steady (fast) pace, so it can't be that.

It also 'feels' like there is less new content, I am sure some geek will post up some stats that say otherwise, but I always remember there being new stuff to look at, now there seems to be the same old shit day after day. Perhaps the inclusion of community games has slowed the addition of arcade titles, don't know. But I do know that the community games for me anyway are a waste of time and although are a nice touch, they are generally shit, lets face it.

Also does anybody else seem to look at their friends list less with the NXE? Yes it's very cute seeing ya mates wave at you in groups, but I do tire of scrolling through seemingly identical little characters (lack of clothing options) to see who's on and playing what. I have started using the guide button to look at things the old way more than I thought I would.

The NXE is certainly cool, but I am looking forward to a major update in the future, there is bound to be one at some point as with all software.



See picture above for an early pic of what we could expect from the avatar side of things.... so where is this stuff, i want the fucking rabbit costume!

No comments: